Friday, August 5, 2011

Freedom to Roam, Dublin

Welcome to my Blog!

Roam Free, that is my new motto,  I am going to search for the things that come free in the Emerald Isle.  Not an easy challenge to set myself, I hear you say. Hmm you could be right but I have experienced some free activities lately.  The National Museum and the National Library (well the latter I confess I was too late to get into but the Yeats exhibition was very informative and free, yes folks FREE. Will have to go back to the Library to explore further.  Quite impressive as payment into museums in some countries is a donation which is the only way to get the ticket that they let you in with!!! They need some clarification on the word 'Donation' it seems, dictionary anyone?

Anyway, both were very interesting, from my brief visits (had not too much time to hang around)In the National Museum,  I got to see the Fadden More Psalter, very happy that i got to see that as i had recently just seen a documentary about it on TV.   The dead people in particular were my favorites!  Okay, bog people I think they called them but they were still dead people and a little creepy when you thought too much about that aspect of the display.  Down side to National history museum, had to be the cafe.  Yes, not a great coffee, though you don't usually expect too much from these places so whatever about the coffee the Lemon Meringue Pie was not so great.  I expect tart flavors from anything with lemon, to kinda, I don't know balance the sugary meringue?? Ah well what you expect I guess.

Well there are 2 free things to do in Dublin. Im sure its not to everyones tastes, and I am sure lots of people have been and that but it was interesting for a lowly unemployed wanderer.

No comments:

Post a Comment